Hagen had his third birthday in February. Weston was going to be out of town for work on the actual day so we attempted to celebrate the day before which was a Sunday. Hagen had a gift waiting on the counter when he woke up that morning. As any three year old he was so excited. I told him he had to wait until after church to open it since his dad was already gone. After church he ran in the door to open his gift but once again Weston wasn't home yet. More waiting.... After helping me make his cake and eating some lunch, Hagen fell asleep. Weston came home while he was asleep and had to leave to go help with the cows before Hagen woke up. This was one disappointed boy when he woke up. Nevertheless, my family came and had dinner. Weston had troubles with cows and didn't arrive home until later that evening. When he walked through the door, Hagen never said a word but immediately opened his present. He was thrilled with his new bike!
Hagen's latest obsession is with the movie Despicale Me, (he calls it "Aficafull Hagen") He helped me make his cake and was excited about that. He also spotted a minion piñata weeks before at Wal Mart, he told me that was all he wanted for his birthday.
I love all the kids' faces as Hagen is blowing out his candles!!
Uncle Hank is the best, always first in line to play with the kids. Hagen loves him and he even helped him put his bike together.
After a great present, cake and a piñata, Hagen was content. He is such a fun kid. He is always making us laugh and is the sweetest thing. He has really gotten used to wearing his glasses and now really likes them. He doesn't look at the lights as much when he is wearing them except when he gets really tired. Hagen is a jabber box and never stops talking. The other day he was jabbering about something or other, and stopped mid sentence, looked at me as serious as could be and said, "I talk a bunch! huh mom!" As long as I nod along he is happy. He doesn't leave much break in the conversation for me to say anything anyway. Hagen refuses to nap, and is up early every day at 6:30. He catches a second wind around 7 and goes strong until 8:30. I worry that he doesn't get enough sleep but I'm really not sure how to change that. All in all this is a great kid that I am thrilled to call mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment