Each of our four babies have brought with them a unique joy into our home. Kallie, while she screamed all day every day, was kind at night and allowed me a solid eight hours to recover and rejuvenate for another day full of tears. Cole was blissfully content all day but refused to sleep at night. Hagen was a happy content baby but refused sleep in either the night or day.
Hayes is a gem all the way around. Taking a four hour nap each morning and two or three cat naps in the afternoons allows me to accomplish a lot and still have time with the older kids. He has also been sleeping through the night for the last two weeks. The last three nights I have been woken up at least four times a night, none of which are by the infant. This is all in thanks to Hagen's lovely cough and the elementary school terrifying my kids with "intruder drills". By 6:00 this morning I had two kids on the floor by my bed, one in my bed and my perfect little baby still sound asleep in the bassinet. He has no choice but to be good.
We sure love this chunker. He is smiling a lot now and trying real hard to laugh out loud. As soon as he is able to laugh a little noise out, it scares him though and then he cries. Hayes is my chubbiest baby by far. He has at least three chins and multiple rolls on his legs. I sure wish my chub was as cute as his! We buzzed his head because he had some narly long hairs on top. It seems to have thickened up a bit since then and is still pretty light brown in color. His eyes are definitely going brown, which was up for debate for awhile there. Hayes looks more like Kallie to me than like the boys. I have always thought so, but in the last couple weeks I have had a lot of people say the same thing. He even has a chin dimple like hers, only one though.
I couldn't be happier to have this sweet, happy boy in our home!
1 comment:
We have had the same problem with nervous kids since the school "drills". I talked to the principal about it. I don't think it was handled "quite right"...maybe give the parents a heads-up next time so we can talk to our kids about it BEFORE and AFTER they do it! It took us about a week to figure out why Bryce didn't want to go ANYWHERE, didn't want Brett and I to leave his side, was having nightmares, crying A LOT out of the ordinary, not wanting to go to an elementary school in Rexburg to play bkb (which he NEVER says "no" to) because of the BAD GUYS! Ok, I just sort of went off...sorry! Glad your little babe is doing good!
Post a Comment