This little fellow is actually five months old as I type this but I'm catching up a little.
At four months Hayes weighed 14 pounds and was 26 inches long.. I think! Not certain on the length but I think that is what it was. He is such a champ! I have had a couple good babies in the past but nothing like this! He eats great, sleeps through the night 90% of the time and only wakes up once the other 10%. I am still in shock that he does that, Hagen still rarely sleeps all night.
Hayes is content wherever, whenever. He will lay on the couch, the floor, with company or without. He is so carefree as long as he has a full tummy and a clean diaper. Hayes has found his hands and chews or sucks on them nonstop! He prefers to be layed down to go to sleep which makes me sad but is probably why he sleeps so good. I wait until he is good and out and then pick him up for our late night cuddles. I really can't get enough of him. He has been slobbering a lot and I found two bottom teeth had popped through in the middle of February. They were followed by a nasty ear infection and cough which wasn't the least bit fun but we managed.
Hayes laughs and it is instantly contagious in our home. There isn't a sweeter sound! Hayes has had a couple of haircuts, and looks a little less like an old man. However is rubbing the back of his head bald. Each morning I notice a patch of hair in his bead. I can't express the joy i get from being this baby's mother. I just told my mom the other day; I don't love him any more than I do my other kids but I know he is the last and that knowledge itches the back of my mind continually. I know that I allow myself to let other things go and bask in the joy of the moment WAY more than I did with the other kids. I feel bad about this but I also think that it makes me a better mother to all the kids. Their childhood is slipping through my fingers and I desperately want to make the most of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment