Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Family


Living within a 35 mile radius I have two brothers, two sisters, six brother-in-laws, four sister-in-laws, four parents, ten neices, thirteen nephews, and four grandparents.  We won't even mention the ample amount of cousins and aunts and uncles that, yes live within that same 35 mile radius.  At times the family drama is more than I can handle and I would LOVE to be judged for the choices that I make and not those of my relatives.  As small town people there are very few if any secrets and sometimes it would be nice to not even have to know or hear about the stupid things that family members have said or done. (I'm not naive enough to think that they don't feel the same about me at times either)

However; the chaos, drama, and irritaion are all worth it to know that my kids have so many people around them that love them.  I know that in any emergency I have a whole network of people to help me.  I always have babysitters and my kids never lack for a friend.  I love all of them and I will be forever grateful for the friends all those kids are to my kids.


We see Chelsey and her kids the most since she comes over to exercise with me every morning.  Tagg and Hagen are really more like brothers than cousins.  They sure know how to get on each other's nerves and they have some wicked brawls, but they really are great friends. 
 

It is a special treat when Kash gets to join the boys for their rowdy play.  These four (Hagen wouldn't sit still long enough for the picture) play so cute together.  There is exactly one year between each starting with Cole as the oldest.  I really am so grateful for each of these sweet kids that we call our family.
 
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

McArthurs said...

I know you know this, but I just want to say how dang lucky you really are! It stinks to not have a single family member within like 1500 miles. We miss you guys! I wish I was there in that little group to work out with you and let Jete and Jerzi play in the mix.