Friday, January 11, 2013

He's Home!!



After much anticipation, baby brother is back!  I have to admit I was extremely nervous for Regg to get home from his mission.  His letters were never great, and I had a sick feeling that he was going to be; arrogant, bitter, synical, and a whole list of other adjectives when he got home.  I just never got the "warm, fuzzy, I love my mission" feeling from him, and I was worried that he hadn't gained his own testimony but instead spent two years in misery to prove that he wasn't a quitter.  I was very wrong.  I have spent a lot of time with that boy in the last month trying to get him into college and registered for classes.  The depth of his testimony is shocking to me and we have had many conversations about why he never mailed home the "greatness" that he was indeed experiencing.  That boy has a personality all his own, but he is now a changed, grown man and I am proud to say I helped raise him. (Okay so brushing his teeth, combing his hair and doing his homework doesn't exactly give me bragging rights to raising him, but it took a bunch of us working together that's for sure!) I love that kid!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: