Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hagen and Elfie


I got a lovely text from my sister in law at 6:30 in the morning a few weeks before Christmas asking if Cole could go over and play after school.  I shipped the kids off to school and without a shower or exercising I headed to Idaho Falls to finish up my shopping.  It is a rare thing that I get an uninterupted day with the kindergarten schedule so I took full advantage of it.  Hagen and I made a quick trip and crossed everything off our lists.  Hagen was a pretty good shopping partner considering he is an almost two year old boy! While trying to find Cole some new church clothes he decided to try on a few hats and went completely crazy when I made him take them off.  He proceded to throw his whole tube of mini M&M's all over the store.  Shortly after I was giving him a little break from his stroller and letting him walk, he was following behind nicely and then I could hear him saying "uh oh" a bunch of times.  Without looking back I told him to come on, then a nice lady said "um Ma'am, your son's pants fell down." I turned around and said "shoot" and then couldn't help laughing.  Hagen loves to be laughed at and for the rest of the day kept trying to pull his pants down and saying "shoot" excpet it sounded a whole lot more like "shit".  People kept staring, but I thought it was pretty funny!

Our elf is like a boil on my behind! I really don't enjoy him being around much, but Grandma Crapo insists that we need him so alas he stays.  After being reprimanded by our 7 year old about how our elf isn't that fun and creative like some of her friend's elfs, we resorted to pinterest and the final week that that dumb elf was at our house, the kids were very amused by Elfie's tricks! (Yes I realize he also has a very creative name, creativity is NOT my forte)

Hagen thought hiding in the dryer would be a fun trick one morning, actually his brother and sister thought it up, but that kid is quite the follower and will go along with anything those two tell him.

After watching the kids sprinkle Elfie with magic dust (I call it messy dust) a bunch of nights in a row, Hagen decided to sprinkle himself with the whole bottle of dust.  I was hoping he would be shipped off to the north pole for a night, but I think since he never sleeps that was mostly impossible.  I made the little stink clean up his own elf dust mess that time.  (Boil on my butt that elf is I tell ya!)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: