Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Us Daily

 
 Five years ago I would've never believed this about myself, but I have come to the conclusion that I am kind of a "schedule" person.  My days are becoming more and more routined and I have found that I am happier and have less anxiety about accomplishing things this way.  Some day (sooner than I want) I know I will have crazy busy teenagers and life won't be as routined as I enjoy, so for my future humor I wanted to post about us daily.

6:30 Everyone up and at it.  Dressed, hair done, breakfast, beds made, Weston leaves for work
7:20 Out the door to school and exercise
9:00 done exercising, quick shower, feed Hagen second breakfast, get ready for the day
10:00 pick up house, Hagen destroys the house, do a little laundry and on really good days, put something in the crockpot for dinner
11:00 Pick Cole up from school, feed him lunch, boys play
12:00 feed Hagen lunch since he wasn't hungry at 11 from his second breakfast, put Hagen down for a nap. Cole sneaks off to watch T.V.
1-2:30 Whirlwind cleaning and any projects that need done before crazy baby wakes up.  Cole helps me some and plays some but mostly I have to drag him away from the T.V. a thousand times.
2:30 Kallie gets home, piano practice, homework, read, Hagen begs to go outside
3:30 Kids ususally play outside or in the basement for an hour or two, lots of four wheeler rides for the baby at this time.
5:00 Weston gets home, dinner by 5:30 otherwise he escapes to the farm and we don't get to eat as a family
6:30 Whirlwind cleanup again (this needs done multiple times a day)
7:00 kids shower and get Jams on, we read, do scriptures, brush teeth, someone is hungry again, eat, brush teeth again bed by 8:00
8:30 Hagen goes to bed
9:00 Another whirlwind cleanup, Read in bed (my favorite) and almost always asleep by 10:00.

I know that my life won't always be like this, but for now I am so grateful for all the time I have in a day to clean up messes and do homework with my kids and most of all just be home.  Sometimes I wonder if I am a little too content to just be home, and I worry that I don't look outside of my little family enough. I know the future me with big, busy kids will be so glad that I enjoyed being home!

 The T.V. junkie!
 Mr. obsessed with the four-wheeler

Little Miss Homework!

 

2 comments:

markandjenny said...

I am a bit of a schedule nut myself. Looks like you get everything in a more....good for you. Schedule me in sometime!

Brett and Tiffany said...

I am a schedule person too, but I like it that way! I think it is good for kids to have some sort of routine. It makes them feel secure. It is good for the whole family! Enjoy being home. It is the best place to be while raising a family. The older my kids get the more I realize how important it is to still be home for them. They need consistency and a "home" that is a safe place to come home to in this crazy world! It is a blessing to be a stay-at-home mom.