Friday, October 19, 2012

Spud Harvest

 Our two week break from school to harvest the spuds is officially over! Hallelujiah!! I love my little kiddos but wowzers that was a crazy couple of weeks! The kids spent hours and hours playing school in the basement with all the neighbor kids. They used up a whole package of copy paper and the mess was astronomical! They sure had a great time though and were sad when their vacation came to an end.

 The kids love to go "help" on the farm any chance they get, and harvest was no exception.  They went out and rode in the truck with their dad one evening and only lasted an hour because they got so cold.  They got to ride with Grandma a few times too and had lots of opportunities to play with cousins.  (I was way too content at home to go out and take pictures of them)

 Cole got to spend a couple days helping to vaccinate cows, that's always a treat and this particular day Kallie babysat Hagen at Grandma's while Cole and I helped with the cows.  There is work for everyone this time of year.
Lastly, my kids are very envious of the neighbors adorable Halloween decor.  (I am a plain Jane kind of gal and decorating is really not my thing) The wreath on the door didn't satisfy their desire to make our home more festive so they spent a whole day making a "Happy Halloween" banner and hanging it outside.  See how my laziness in decorating sparks their imagination? I am being a good mom after all!

No comments: