Kallie's actual birthday landed on Mother's Day Sunday this year, I teased her that she was trying to steal my day from me! After a crazy weekend in Lagoon, I was scrambling late Saturday night to get my Sharing Time ready for church. Not to mention birthday gifts wrapped, the window done, and things in order for my family to come celebrate Mother's Day. Somehow I managed, and Kallie woke up one happy girl! She unwrapped her gifts of a swimming suit, baseball pants, and some fun new pens and paper from Cole. The boys then led her outside to the neighbors shed where we had been hiding her new bike. I was hurrying to get ready for church so I didn't go with them and the quantity of the pictures that they took was....one!
Kallie has been asking for a zebra birthday cake for a long time and I have stressed myself for months over how my uncreative self was going to manage that one. I almost resorted to a grocery store cake when I found the idea for this gem online. Brown licorice for the mane, and brown sprinkles for stripes, now that I can handle. I still hadn't figured out what to do for an eye at this point but finally resorted to a Junior Mint!
A new favorite birthday tradition is decorating the door with pictures of the birthday kid. Kallie loved seeing pictures of herself as a baby and so did the rest of us. I can't lie though it made me really sad. I get a lot of anxiety when I think of how fast my kids are growing up. They just keep getting funner and funner but I wish time would slow just a bit.
Kallie was pleased as punch with her cake and so therefore it was a success. My siblings all thought it looked like a sock but what do they know?
Our little puppies were the highlight of the day for sure. With eight puppies there was plenty to go around. The kids mauled them to death but loved every second of it! Kallie wasn't too thrilled with this, she is grossed out by the puppies and was frustrated that her cousins didn't want to do anything else.
Bentley especially loved those things, she would squeal with delight each time she got near them. It is a miracle they survived her though!
We sang the "Angell Rendition" of the birthday song which means that everyone sings as loud and as off tune as possible. It is a horrific noise I tell ya! We all hung out on the deck and enjoyed the nice weather.
Later on we went to G&G Crapo's house to talk to Braxton on Skype. The kids wanted to ride their bikes over there, I figured I could keep up with them walking and pushing Hagen in the stroller. I was so wrong!! I had to run the whole 2 miles with no ponytail, bad shoes and way too many layers of clothes. I was an embarrassing, sweaty mess by the time we got there, but those kids had so much fun riding their bikes there.

No comments:
Post a Comment