Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Rest of Cole's Birthday


Pregnancy makes me LAZY! I barely mustered the energy and creativity to make Cole this football cake.  Seriously I don't think a creative thought has ever entered my mind.  I saw a much cuter version of this cake on Pinterest, but lets be honest this is the best I could do.  I was pretty proud of myself because Cole wanted a brown football but he doesn't like chocolate frosting.  After several failed attempts at dying white frosting brown, I resorted to adding a tablespoon of cocoa to the white frosting and this is what I got.  Perfect really and it didn't even taste chocolately.  Go Me!

After a long day at the Lake the boys had football practice.  With Kallie and Weston still gone, I decided that I wasn't about to sing to Cole myself so we went to Grammy's after football.  The fabulous four came along because let's face it, they have been inseperable all summer.  Cole loves these boys and even though Preston and Bryson are three full years older than him, they treat him just like one of them.  Have I ever mentioned that we live in a great neighborhood?
 

Cole got new glasses on his birthday too.  He only has to wear them at school but was excited to show Grammy.  He looks pretty great if I do say so myself. 
 

I told Chelsey to take a picture of Cole and I but apparently she thought she needed to be in one first.  What a goofball, but a great aunt. 

Cole was embarrassed for me to give him a big old kiss on the cheek in front of all his buddies, but I think he secretly loved it too!

I love this boy more than words can say and I am so proud of what he is growing up to be.  He is kind and considerate and really tries hard to be a good boy. 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: