Our 24th of July celebration this year was different from any other year. First of all, Weston was asked to pull our wards float in the parade. He didn't hesitate in saying yes because he was feeling guilty that he hadn't helped build the dang thing. My kids were so excited, they have never been in the parade before and were thrilled at the prospect of throwing candy. Hagen was not about to be left out and therefore I was a lucky passenger as well, on display for the whole town! (In all my pregnant beauty, I was not thrilled) The kids had a blast and in the end I was actually grateful to be in the pickup and out of the rain. That's right, rain! I also learned that two giant bags of tootsie rolls is only enough candy for one block of the parade.
It was fun to wander around the school parking lot and get a good look at all the floats before the parade. My dad was on their float themed "Up". He was the old man and played the part ridiculously good for never having seen the movie. In fact when I asked him if he had seen it his relpy was, "This is off a movie?" I love that man!
I can't believe how big this kid is getting. His cute little voice melts my heart and he says the funniest things. During the parade when all the people would cheer he was sure they were cheering just for him. He would squeal and clap in pure delight, then throw handfuls of candy that didn't make it much past the window.
Our traditional "Redneck" water party was dampened a bit by the rain and ironically the fact that we are in a major drought. My dad is on purchased storage water and it was actually shut off for the day. Good thing our pal Brant Kerbs invited us to "Crotch Rocket Rapids" his own homemade water park. The kids loved it and lets face it, it is simply way better than ours anyway.
We ended up having a great day, I secretly loved the fact that it wasnt 90 degrees. I have been melting this summer! Weston and I took Cole, Hagen and Kaden to the rodeo while Kallie stayed with the girls. Hagen slept through the whole thing while Cole and Kade ate way too much junk food and did the calf scramble in the mud. The overcast skies made for a rather enjoyable evening.

No comments:
Post a Comment