This Chubalub has become a mobile monster. He is everywhere! I can't keep track of him! The other night he came up missing and after a quick search he was spotted climbing the stairs. He was so proud of himself that we couldn't steal his thunder. It became a family affair with the kids cheering him on from the top of the stairs, Weston spotting him from behind and me with the camera (which was on some weird setting that resulted in bad pix) It was the cutest thing ever and the kids were as excited as the baby!
I'm not much of a sentimental person but as I was standing at the bottom of the stairs watching my little family with pride, I couldn't help but be so grateful! This little baby has brought us so much joy. He unites us and can magically melt anger and frustration with one flash of that toothy grin. This last picture in all it's blurriness perfectly shows what I want from my family. I so badly want us to always cheer each other on, show love and support, work hard for our goals (Chubsly was sweating by the time he got to the top! That was tough work!) and always be at the finish line of life's events large and small being the first to congratulate each other!
Through the years each of us will take our turn "climbing the stairs" figuratively speaking. There will always be things that are hard and that take a lot of work. Wouldn't it be a beautiful life if we also took our turn being at the top of the stairs cheering and never tearing down? Giving words of encouragement and love? I want my kids to take their turn being the support from behind as well. Always pushing each other to do and be better. As children of an eternal, loving Heavenly Father, our potential is limitless!
Whether it is a point scored in a ball game, a successful potty training, an A on a test, a pat on the back for a job well done, the loss of a first tooth, a mission call, a temple marriage, or the graduation from school; it is my hope that there will be many pictures similar to this in our future and that we will always love each other just like this!
1 comment:
Love this and the analogy!!
Post a Comment