Hayes turned 12 months on October 4th. I realize that is the same as one year old, but I can't stomach the thought that my baby is no more a baby and so to me he is now 12 months old. How did he go from the tiny, fragile infant above that was clinging to life and being sustained through tubes and cords; to the wild, havoc wreaking, precious toddler below? I am usually not one to succumb to depression, but Hayes birthday was a really rough day for me. I cried, a lot! I don't do that!! EVER! I was grumpy that my kids wanted to make a birthday cake, decorate the house, and heaven forbid wrap a gift. I wanted to skip this day!
Alas, the kids won and we did have a party. A very small, pathetic party I might add but it was a party. I couldn't muster the energy to make a cake but we had some cupcakes that honestly tasted like crap. Hayes doesn't seem to have taste buds so that didn't matter much. We plastered the fridge with pictures from the first year of our little man's life, sang him a birthday song and let him eat his cupcake.
Needless to say he enjoyed that cupcake very much (he enjoys all food) and delighted the children with his messiness.
We presented him with the gift you can only give unknowing babies; a new carseat! I will insert now that the new carseat was actually for Hagen and Hayes got his old one, so I actually got him nothing for his birthday! The transition to an upright carseat had been needed for quite some time as he was bursting out of his infant seat, but that was a tough one for me. No infant seat means no infant:(
I was pretty glad when the day was over and I could forget all the birthday nonsense. But I have to say just how much I adore this kid. Seriously he brings so much happiness into our home. He is rarely grumpy, still eats and sleeps like a champ, giggles hilariously, bosses us all around, and gets into everything. We all dote on him terribly and even as I realize we are creating a "youngest child monster" I can't help it.
1 comment:
100% cuteness right there!
Post a Comment