Saturday, November 16, 2013

Artwork by a Six Year Old


I've always been able to point out my kids' individual personalities through their artwork.  Kallie is an old soul.  She is very realistic about everything, and always has been.  She draws things as they really are and there has never been a whole lot of room for make believe in her world.  She wants the truth about everything. 
Cole on the other hand has a very large imagination.  When he was little, like 2-3 years old he had no time or patience for coloring or artwork of any kind.  His very first piece of art that I kept in his safe box is a picture of the nativity that he got in nursery.  He scribbled with a green crayon all over baby Jesus's face but there wasn't an ounce of color on the rest of the page.  When he was questioned about this later his response was matter of fact and simple..."That's baby Jesus and he has boogers all over his face!" I have laughed for years over that. 
The last few weeks Cole has been bringing artwork home from school regularly.  These are some of my favorites:


Aparently he wants to be a pirate someday.  (That's an improvement from a few years ago when he wanted to be a robber, "The kind that steals children" he would say.) I think he got that from "Despicable Me" I hope!

This one is hard to see but I love it.  It say's my dad Westin Crapo macs me fil safe.  And his dad is shooting something in the heart to protect his family.  I was also told that Kallie is not very smart because she was standing in front of her dad while he shot his gun. 

Last is this priceless gem.  There are four boys in the neighborhood that are inseparable.  They do everything together and have so much fun, except for when it comes to snake hunting.  Bryson is terrified of snakes and refuses to join in on that game.  (Can't say that I blame him) It just cracks me up that Cole left him completely out of this picture.  I love me some kid art!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

McArthurs said...

OH my heck, I love Cole!!! I love his pictures and I love seeing other little boys Jete's age use their imagination. Jeter apparently doesn't have one. He does have an intense love for sports though, which of course, we're thrilled about. Jete has been drawing things at school too. So far, he's drawn himself as a football player when he grows up, a picture of himself hitting a homerun, him playing football on the wii, and a picture of our family. haha I think these two need to hang out more. You guys wanna take a trip to Houston?