The last month has been a blur. It always is with a new baby. As much as I want to freeze time and keep this little munchkin tiny for awhile, it just isn't happening! He is doing great and growing fast! It is alarming really how fast they grow. When we brought Hayes home at 12 days he weighed 5'11, at 17 days Hayes weighed 6'2, another weight check at 28 days he was 7'5. It is great that he is growing and gaining weight. He is catching up on the charts quickly! However the more he grows the higher my level of anxiety becomes. This is it for me, I know that and for the most part I am okay with this being my last baby but on some level it makes my heart ache. How did this phase of my life go so fast?
I am overjoyed with my little family though, and I feel like I am truly living each day to the fullest right now. When we brought Hayes home he was on a fantastic schedule, thanks to the NICU! I have tried my hardest to ruin this kid. He rarely gets layed down, I hold him all day until the kids get home then they fight over him. He is abundantly loved and spoiled but still manages to keep his same eating/sleeping schedule. Just this morning I was bragging to my sister about how well Hayes sleeps, why he only woke up three times last night!! She then crushed my spirits by telling me that that really wasn't that awesome for a baby of his age. (Just goes to show what HORRIBLE sleepers my other kids were!)
Hayes eats like a horse and then sleeps and poops the rest of the day. He isn't awake much still but I was warned he would act like a newborn much longer than normal. I'm okay with that, I love the newborn stage!
Ridiculously spoiled or abundantly loved, either way we just hold him all day! We honestly couldn't be any happier with this boy. He completes our family and brings so much love and joy into our home! I know I have said this before but newborns really are magic that way!

No comments:
Post a Comment