My Kallie Jo's 7th birthday is rapidly approaching, she is ecstatic about this little fact but me, not so much. I came across an album of pictures of Kallie when she was about three years old. I am always shocked by how fast time seems to go, but this first picture tugged at my heartstrings a bit. You see this birthday of Kallie's seems different than past birthdays. I am realizing how grown up she is and it saddens me. Kallie is adorable, always has been. A total spit fire, her and I have fought since the beginning of her life. I always feel so much guilt for how hard I am on her. She is a lot like me and it can be infuriating at times. So when I saw these pictures (and many more) I just wanted to scream at my self for being so tough on this innocent little thing. I truly miss the days when we would fight over the coveted spot on the ugly loveseat because it was by far the best for watching T.V. Kallie was obsessed with Strawberry Shortcake for a time. We would cuddle up here while Cole napped and have our afternoon "rest". (She refused to nap past about 12 months)
I miss Kallie's pigtails, she won't let me do them anymore. She is much too grown up. I am even having to fight a little to get her to wear a bow in her hair, and sometimes she comes home with it in her pocket because it "fell out". Last night Kallie hurt her finger and I tried to sit her on my lap, she didn't really fit. The other day I was shopping for the kids at my favorite children's store, and after nearly an hour I realized that she would hate anything I brought home from there. Kallie's two front teeth have started growing in, I hate that her tiny pearly whites are gone. When we play beauty shop together, she wants all sorts of weird colors on her nails with stripes and such instead of the nice baby pink we used to paint them. I miss toddler Kallie.
Grown up Kallie is pretty great though. She is smart, funny, a fantastic babysitter and a good friend to me. I love to watch her develop talents and make friends. She is a good girl and I am proud to call her mine. I want to soak up every second I can of my seven year old Kallie because I know that in four more years I will miss her too. Maybe if I am lucky I can catch her watching T.V. three feet away with binoculars!
I also came across this adorable picture of Cole at his first birthday and had to post it with Hagen's identical pose below. Apparently my kids like to feed me their cake! I think these boys look so much alike. Cole was much thicker at a year old but I think Hagen is a little taller. They both have Weston's scrunchy ears and bulging biceps:) Cole definitely got the Crapo noggin whereas Hagen's may be a bit more Angell. Their personalities couldn't be more opposite though!
In the midst of all the growing and changing my kids are doing I am sure glad I am staying the same. That is one BIG mouth I have!!
3 comments:
This post got me a little choked up, the little stinkers really do grow up too fast! Your kids are adorable Mandi!
You really made me think about my little ones and how fast they are growing up. It is bitter sweet. I love the pics. So innocent and cute. I love how your bus are feeding you their cake. So cute! This post tugged at my heart.
Holy crap! Seven? I still think of her as like a four year old, even though my own child is 4, almost 5. I hate that they have to grow up too. I found myself telling Jete the other day to "quit talking like that" and he said, "Why, did I say a bad word?" I said "No, it just makes you sound too old." Haha
And you're right, both of your boys look tons alike. I love that they both fed you their cake. Don't try and trick us, I know you were begging them for it. It's ok, I secretly don't like my kids to dive into the whole cake cuz I hate that they are wasting a perfectly good cake, and making so we can't eat it.
Post a Comment