Tuesday, April 3, 2012

When Being Nice Doesn't Work

 So now that Hagen walks, he is even more disastrous. He is so curious about everything that he just can't help himself.  Sometimes Cole gets so frustrated with Hagen messing up all his stuff, and truthfully so do I! I am continually telling Cole to be nice to him and let him play, but sometimes being nice just doesn't work. Cole has found that it is really easier to tie the baby up than to be nice to him, and a plus side, Hagen thinks it is a game. I walked into the kitchen to see the baby with a rope around his waist and the other end tied to the drawer.  Cole had so kindly given him a couple feet of rope so he could wander a bit.  After snapping the picture and untying the baby, we had a lengthy discussion on the strangling hazards of tying the baby up.  


Saturday night while Weston was a Conference, we had a moment of panic when we couldn't find Cole anywhere.  I was tending my sister-in-laws kids so between them, Kallie and I, we looking in vain for nearly 15 minutes.  I was starting to panic a little, but I figured he was asleep somewhere in the house because all his shoes were here.  I am so silly that the last place I looked was under the pants in my closet (that is his favorite pouting place) but when we went into the closet there was a random arm poking out.

And a sleeping boy underneath. He stayed asleep until Weston carried him to his bed a few hours later and continued to snooze all night long!

2 comments:

Brett and Tiffany said...

That is hilarious...both things! Cole is a smart little man...tie his brother up AND finding a nice place to sleep!

McArthurs said...

So I'm not gonna lie, when i saw that first picture of Hagen tied to the drawer, I thought you were doing one of your "unconventional" parenting things. HAHAHA And I thought that's actually a pretty good idea. Then I started laughing out loud when I read that it was from Cole. HAHA I'm still laughing.