Mr. Hagen Man had his eye appointment in SLC one weekend in January. We were excited to take him down and learn more about his eyes. We were even more excited when we scored some sweet, Jazz vs. Jimmer tickets for that same weekend. We left early Friday morning and headed to SLC, with just one "quick" stop in Malad to purchase a few bulls. (It is never a trip to the big city with Weston unless we have a KSL, or ranching purchase to look at) Hagen was so good in the car, he slept almost the whole time. We put him in a forward facing carseat for the first time thinking that maybe he would like to watch a movie while he was awake. He didn't so much like it, I honestly don't think he can see the picture very well.
His appointment went well, the Dr. told us he is textbook Ocular Albinism. We have been excited because we really think he sees pretty well, which he actually does. His condition is not degenerative, however when babies are small their brains grow and change so rapidly that it is difficult to tell what his vision will be. Even though he sees pretty well now, that may not be the case in 4-5 years. Even so, we are confident that he will survive just fine:) We really didn't learn anything new, but were instructed to bring him back in six months. He will be seen in SLC every six months and in Rexburg every six months, so he gets a pretty thorough check quarterly. This will be the case until he goes to school and then we will see from there.
After Hagen's appointment, we had some more KSL purchases to make:) and then we got some take out and went to our hotel. I was excited about having a really nice sit down dinner but by that point the wild animal portion of my 12 month old had risen to the surface and I realized that that was out of the question. I mean honestly what restaurant allows unleashed baby racoons in? As cute as our boy is, he is just not public broke yet!
Saturday, after a morning of fruitless shopping (I really need church clothes, where do you people get them?) we picked up these two love birds and toted them along to do a little more shopping, dinner and then the game. They were lots f fun to hang out with and provided us with a lot of laughs. We were pretty early to the game and by the time is started Hagen was tired and had had enough. I was shocked when fell asleep in my arms, but some CRAZY Jimmer fans behind us woke him up with their hooping and hollering every time Jimmer touched the ball. Lucky enough he fell back asleep in between each time! All in all it was a great weekend except the part where we drove home in the middle of the night!
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun trip! Glad things went well at the doctor. Hope you found some fun church clothes!
I'm glad that you guys have to go to Utah every once in awhile. I always think about when you told me you guys never go on trips, and never go anywhere fun. This forces Wes to take you somewhere. :) And I'm glad to hear that everything is ok for sweet Hagen. Also, that would be a sweet game to go to, I bet there were Jimmer fans all over the place! HAHA Awesome! OH and your post about Cole and Hagen....haha Cole is such a freakin cute little monster! I love it, and I love to hear Cole stories.
Post a Comment