Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hagey Paygs Turns One

 Hagen had his first birthday. I am usually so excited about the kids birthdays, it is so fun to see them get excited and to anticipate the next phase of their life.  For the first time I didn't experience any of those good feelings. In fact a dark knot began to develop in the pit of my stomach as the big day neared.  I don't know if it is the fact that chances are I will only get to experience a baby's first year one more time, if that. Or if it is that Hagen being the third child, now I KNOW just how fast time goes by. I can't stomach the thought of him heading off to school. I don't need to be excited about the next phase, I know what it is.  I want him just the way he is (maybe minus the sleepless nights) for awhile longer. I haven't got enough of him being a baby just yet. Enough of my sob story, onto the big event!
 We had the grandparents over for Chiz's and cake and ice cream. Have I ever mentioned how awesome it is that Weston and I's parents are good friends and have been for years? It sure makes get together's fun and stress free! Hagen was getting tired by the time smash cake time came around. He wasn't nearly as excited as the big kids, but he didn't disappoint!
 He was having a blast playing in is cake, until he whacked himself in the forehead with that butter knife that he insisted on holding. Then the tears came and it was game over!
 After a quick bath in the sink and a cracker for some added happiness, it was time for a  few presents! (This is the little head tilt thing he does because of his vision impairment.  He does this when he is really studying something. It is pretty darn cute!)
 Hagen was overjoyed by the little ride-on toy from G&G Crapo and I was overjoyed by the giant box of diapers from G&G Angell! The kids got Hagen some new bath toys and told me a was a bad mom for scheduling a photo shoot for Hagen's gift! (Seriously people you can only get away with that on the first birthday and I was taking advantage of that)


I had to snap a shot with each set of Grandparents, and yes I realize my pictures could use a little red eye editing. I may get around to that a little later:)

1 comment:

Lacey and Zach said...

One already. So crazy and sad how fast that first year goes. He is so darling and I love his smile. Pat yourself on the baCK for making some darn cute kids. I love it that your parents all get along. It does make things go so much smoother. By the way, I love Hagens birthday cake. Super cute!