Hagen is as wild as ever. There really is no other way to describe him. He is one mess after another, but absolutely the sweetest thing. He loves to play with friends and one of his favorites is Paige. They are good little buddies who rarely fight. This particular day Paige came to play for a couple hours. They were being awfully quiet in the pantry when I discovered them playing is jello sugar. They were having a great time licking it up and wiping it everywhere!
One of Hagen's favorite games is to run to the bed or couch when I pull a load of laundry fresh from the dryer. He loves to have the warm clothes piled on top of him. I have fond childhood memories of this exact thing! One particular time I was sick and had the chills terrible and I remember my mom dumping warm towels on me.
Mr. Cheesy is still a lover of all foods healthy. He prefers an apple or banana to other 'treats' and his favorite snack is green peppers. However he does insist the fiber filled peel be taken off the apple before consumption.
Hagen is super independant and insists on dressing himself always. He is picky about what he will wear and there is no changing if it is on backwards. I really think it is a stubborn pride issue more than anything. Dang Munns blood! Hagen wont let me help him wash his hands but has figured out that the bathtub is just the right size to do it himself.
This stubborn boy refuses to miss out on anything and therefore rarely naps. This particular day it was obviously a necessity because he barely made it in the house before he was asleep.
Hagen had his six month checkup at his eye doctor in Salt Lake. It was the first time that he was able to tell them what he could see which was very helpful. They showed him a paper with a bunch of different pictures on them and he told them what they were. Then they put them on a screen and quizzed him. They continued to get smaller and about three sizes down he wasn't answering correctly or sometimes just sat silent. This was pretty worrisome to me because I have TERRIBLE vision even with my contacts in I can't read any words on a T.V. I was able to see the pictures on the screen perfectly when he quit ansering. Hopefully he was just sick of the game instead of not being able to see them.
The doctor said everything looked good and he was developing well however his astygmatism has gotten worse and he will probably be in glasses to help correct that within six months. (I can't imagine a three year old wild man keeping glasses in one piece!) We are still very concerned with his obsession with staring at lights. It continues to get worse and he should actually be very sensitive to them. So confusing. Dr. Hoffman is still very sure he has Ocular Albinism, but confused as to why he would want to stare at lights. We are taking him down in January for some more in depth tests. They will put him to sleep and from what I understand, put a contact like object on his eye that has electrodes connected to it. They will then be able to see if there is some underlying cause for the light obsession that we are missing. Fingers crossed everything is good!
Hagen also had a well check recently and weighed a whopping 28 pounds placing him in the 11 percentile for his age. We are growing a giant here people! NOT! All that healthy eating he does is getting him nowhere on the charts! Hagen was a grump through his appointment and furious after his shots. He told me "That was a naughty trick mom!" Yes indeed it was! We love this boy and the joy he brings into our home is inmeasurable!

No comments:
Post a Comment