Thursday, October 16, 2008

Farm Kids & Fall

We have been ridiculously involved in the fall work which actually hasn't been that bad and the kids have absolutely loved it. We spent two days at the ranch gathering cows to bring home for the winter. (The kids only came one day) This is the romantic way Wes and I spent about 99% of our dates, it is funny that back then the cows "had" to be checked 2-3 times per week at the ranch and now once every two weeks is good enough and the cowboy does that!!
Oh the joys of spud harvest. We actually haven't done much with that this year but I did drive for Regg one full day when he had a football game. Mataia my neice who is twelve was supposed to be watching my kids at Grandma's house. We were digging in the field right behind the house. It ended up that all thirteen grandkids spent the day supervised by Mataia (poor girl) at Grandma's and had a bawl. (Grandma's house was destroyed if you can even imagine.) We would count heads as we went in and out of the driveway. On the way home Kallie said "I wish every day was spud harvest!!" She will change her mind soon enough!
We took lunch out the the crew one day and got to ride with my dad. The kids love him, he is the best grandpa. He even let them drive on his lap!!
Riding the conveyor belt up!! We call this our redneck roller coaster!

Mataia, Cole, Morgan, Kace, Kallie

We spent a third whole day at the ranch chopping firewood with Mikael and Jenna, this was such an unpleasant experience I have no pix of. Wes and Mikael would cut these huge logs and expect me and pregnant Jenna to pack them. It was ridiculous. Anyway another full day was spent blocking the wood and hauling it into the garage. Thanks to Braxton and his buddies I didn't have to help with this chore, although Cole would not be left out!!
Uncle Braxton and ColeThis is Kallie's preschool group that we started out here in Parker-Egin. We take turns each week going to a different house for school. Kallie, Brilee Hirschi, Berklee Yancey, Charli Crapo, and Savannah Miller. They have a blast!! If you don't want to pay for preschool try this. I only have to teach it once every five weeks, no big deal!!

6 comments:

Brett and Tiffany said...

love the pics. I am glad your preschool group is going well! it is a fun thing!

Damien and Ashley said...

I do that same thing with the preschool group! I just got done teaching my week and now I'm like, "Yeah, five more weeks til I do it again!" :) McKoy loves it and I love it cuz it doesn't cost anything!

crapo family said...

Yeah, just what I was thinking....'gee, I wish Mandi had a post of my fat prego butt hauling firewood at the ranch!" that is one memory we can afford to miss! really though, i have fun with you nerds no matter what we do! One day we will look back at the laziness of our hubbies and laugh!!!!! we can do that now that I didn;t suffer a mis-carraige :) !! he. he.

cortney and neil said...

Cute. I love the pic of your kids riding the conveyer belt. That is a great idea, and how cute is your dad.

RoseAnna said...

I love the farm pictures. We are in the middle of combining corn and Jacob has loved every minute of it. He just sits and watches everything happening and takes it all in. I think that farming is in his blood. Your kids are darling!! And Happy Hallowener to you too!!

Cari or Mitch Johnson said...

I tagged you.