Harvest Time is one of my favorite times of the year. I love the fall colors and I love the relief I feel when our crops our in. I love to watch the combines and we have really enjoyed seeing our new baby calves with our fall herd be born. I love the excitement of all the kids starting a new year of school and I remember how I had so much ambition the first few weeks of school each year. I don't miss going to school myself at all but I do miss the excitement. I love to have an excuse to buy my kids new clothes (because it is just getting too chilly for shorts and tanks but none of last years stuff fits!!) I love to go and watch Regg and Braxton play football, and I LOVE fair food!! I wouldn't say I love Potato Harvest, but there are parts of it I like. We have a good time taking doughnuts and carameled apples to the crew and seeing everyone all dirty, but we don't like the grouchy stressed out men.
Every fall I have taken pictures of the kids in the barley field. I love the way the colors reflect off their skin and hair. I do realize I am far from a professional photographer, but I thought I would share some of the shots that I thought were pretty cute of my little rugrats. Enjoy!!
Nothing quite like a little boy with a nice Wrangler Butt!! He is my little cowboy untill he chooses likewise!
Cole was ready for his nap and this is one of the only pictures I got of him smiling. He is usually a little cheeseball like this but the rest of the pictures don't really show it!
I wish you could see but he is looking through the fence at the horse, I can just see him thinking "someday"!!
Look at how my beautiful girl has grown. I should post last years fall pics she was a baby and now all grown up!!
My Forever Farm Kids!!
Cole didn't really want to wear his hat, atcually he did want to wear it but only if he could put it on himself (which he tried really hard too). He wouldn't let any one else touch it though!!
13 comments:
I love the pictures of your kids...they are getting so big. Cole is a handsome cowboy!
I'd say you're rather good at the photography. Your pictures turned out great. I can't believe how big the kids are getting. And p.s. cade called and invited you guys camping, wes told him you guys were going to be in boise. next time we're not taking no for an answer!!!
So i thought that first picture was new family pictures. Nice job on taking that, i would have never known. Plus, i love that little wrangler bum picture. Haha, so cute!
Adorable! Your kids are looking very fabulous! So is your blog! I enjoyed hanging out with ya the other day in Egin. Thanks
Cutest pics ever! I enjoy fall too! That was a fun blog to read!
Mandi, i don't use any program to get those colors, i'm much to dumb when it comes to that kind of stuff too. I have Photoshop, and i can't figure it out. My camera just has that as a function that you can use. So i just do it when i take the pics. Sorry. If you figure out how to do anything cool with your program, then let me know, cuz i don't really know how to do much. Mainly i just use it to take out the red eyes. HAHA
Cute photos! You are far too enthusiastic about school starting and fall coming on! I always feel like I am on a trek to Mount Doom- with winter and lots of homework in the near future! But alas- I always capture some great pics with the coloring too! :)
Cute kids! I never realized that our boys are so close in age --I guess I always knew it I just never put it together...I'm a dork. Anyway, we need to visit each other sometime.
Mandi this is Stacey (Bubert) Jewkes from Ecuador. I was thinking about you today and I thought, what the heck, I'll google her! I'm so glad I found your blog. Your little family is so cute!
Hola Mandi!!! I'm so glad that you found me!! Your blog is so cute and your kids are darling. I love the harvest time post. I know that you mean about the harvest time. We have been down riding in the combine with Clays dad combing wheat. Jacob is a tractor man through and through. He love it so much. Your kids are darling!! Love ya!
Mandi, they are so cute, and your picture taking wasn't so bad either.
MANDI!!! I'm so happy that Stacey found your blog. You're family is adorable. You are so beautiful. Your kids are stinkin' cute. I love your little boy's wrangler butt, too cute! It would be so fun if we could meet up with you half-way or something sometime.
AHHH Mandi!!! I'm so glad you found our blog! I can't believe how big your kids are. Those pictures are sweet. I agree with you on the fall happenings. It's all so fun. I don't think I could live anywhere that had one season. Take care and I'll be checking in on ya ;-) And by the way...I miss Parker!
Post a Comment