Saturday, August 2, 2008

24 of July!!

Kallie and Cole at the Parade
Grandpa Crapo has the magic touch
Kallie on the giant slip and slide (wish I had a better pic of this)
Me & Kallie getting warm after the slide
Twin cousins; Trey and Trail with Cole

As you all know the twenty fourth of July here in St. Anthony is a really big deal. For us it starts at 7 am with the Fun Run, then to the parade and the rodeo, but last year we started a new tradition. The REDNECK WATER PARTY!! My mom has a huge sand volleyball pit that she floods and we play intense mud volleyball, we have more food than we know what to do with. (This year she got a cotton candy machine) All of my brothers and sisters invite their friends and my mom and dad invite some of theirs. We end up with a strange mix of people but have a ton of fun. Don't get too excited though, I haven't revealed the best part yet!! My baby brother Regg invented his own slip and slide. It is amazing, about the size of half a football field, not kidding!! My dad puts all of his hay in long plastic tube bags, Regg put one of these at the top of my moms lawn and it slopes downhill. He put a pipe at the top and we pump water out of the ditch for a steady flow. It was a huge hit two years in a row. So for those of you who were invited and didn't come, you totally missed out!!!

5 comments:

cortney and neil said...

dang it i was totally looking forward to it. Maybe next year.

Millertime Madness said...

Hi there! I found you- I feel like a peeping tom- but it is always fun to find other "bloggers"! I'll add you to my list, if that is okay, but I'll need your email to invite you- Mine is set to private- to keep out all of the "peeping toms" ha ha! It was fun to see you at camp! Jennie

Nat and Justin said...

Hey Mandi! I found you from Che's blog - hope you don't mind me lookin! Your kids are so stinkin' adorable, and getting so big! Hope you guys are doing great!

Nat and Justin said...

haha you crack me up! You might as well add me if you're gonna stalk me! I'm adding you to mine! Good to hear back from ya!

McArthurs said...

Hey Mandi, nice work on your blog. I finally got to look at it, now that i am back home. Dude, where was our invite for the water slide? Gees, how rude. :) K well if we ever find our cord to hook the camera to the computer, then i'll maybe do a new post. You better keep yours goin now.