Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sand Dunes



On Monday night we decided last minute to go to the dunes for FHE. We had Weston's sister's two boys and we took our friends, Brooke and Daniel with us. It was a short trip, but we had a blast!! The kids had so much fun trying to squish the sand beetles. It was hilarious to see Kallie trying to keep up with the boys up and down the dunes. Kace is only a month older than her but he is twice her size. We just roasted some hot dogs and messed around and of course Wes and Dan had to race their four-wheelers to see whose is faster. (boys!!) Then we had our traditional mallow roasting contest which I always loose, I have no patience for such nonsense!!

The best part of the whole trip was this: I didn't have jackets for Hali's boys, so I had to improvise, I found an okay sweater for Chad (6 years old) but had nothing masculine at all for Kace (3 yrs). I got out one of Kallie's denim jackets, the only problem was it had pink snaps and pink stitching, I told Kace that it was a cowboy jacket and asked him if he was tough enough to wear pink!! I told him all of the cowboys wear jackets like this one. He was so excited and wore it no problem. He looked hilarious!!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Mandi- WHen you left a comment on my blog I didn't know where to find you! I was sad...How are you? Sounds like you are doin good out in Egin! How fun! YOur kids are way cute! So, did Weston tell you he did our taxes? It was really funny he called me up one day and I thought he was my husbands uncle weston. It was so funny after I figured out who he really was, I was a bit embarassed. It was funny! He is a great guy-you two are cute together! Keep in touch, I will check in often! Kristen

crapo family said...

Mandi - what the heck, you are already better at this than me!!!! I better get off before Mikael finds out I am blogging....I'm supposed to be packing for camping, oops. Anyways, tell Weston he is a pretty boy for not wanting to camp - SO high mantainance!! anyways I hope Cole is done pooping sandpaper!!

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

Hey Mandi! Love that you have a blog now. Now you can become as worthless as the rest of us! :) I cannot believe how big your baby is. It's crazy. I don't think I have seen him since Christmas. I'll be checking in on you.... (probably everyday, but don't tell anyone.) Love you!

cortney and neil said...

Well I am so glad you are a dork like the rest of us. Beware Neil is starting a hotline. I'll see you at swimming this week ! Oh and your blog is super cute. You are already a pro.

Liberti said...

I guess this might be the only way I can get you to keep in touch ;)!! Of course you all are so dang cute - we really want to visit, everytime the 24th rolls around I think of you guys - we had a blast that year.

Nick and Marci Jensen Family said...

Hey Mandi, It's me Marci (Merrill) Jensen. I was just browsen blogs and ran into yours. I can't believe you have 2 kids already. What a cute little family!!! It's fun to see what people are up to.