Our evenings are pretty predictable around here, they usually start with an outfit that looks something like this:

Poor Weston gets mauled to death as soon as he gets home. This two year old little man has a whole list of things for him to do. Hagen loves to go in his dads pickup and check pivots. (He is no dummy, he knows that if he bats his long lashes just right he can stop at Grandma's for a popsicle while they are out) He insists on a four wheeler ride which he calls a "forter ride". And a horse ride is usually on his list as well. The sad truth is that I can and do do all these things with him but it just isn't the same as having his dad do it.
Poor Weston gets mauled to death as soon as he gets home. This two year old little man has a whole list of things for him to do. Hagen loves to go in his dads pickup and check pivots. (He is no dummy, he knows that if he bats his long lashes just right he can stop at Grandma's for a popsicle while they are out) He insists on a four wheeler ride which he calls a "forter ride". And a horse ride is usually on his list as well. The sad truth is that I can and do do all these things with him but it just isn't the same as having his dad do it.
A lot of times Kallie and Cole are busy riding bikes or swimming and don't want to come with us to do the water but I always try to convince them it will be fun. It is kind of our family time and I want it to last a little longer. Cole likes to dig in the fields to check if they need more water. He is pretty sure he knows just which buttons to push on the pivot to start it too.
He was pretty happy about the tiny spuds they dug up this night. He wanted to save them for dinner, I quickly ditched them out the window the first chance I got!
The barley field is too tall for the boys now so they usually don't venture out in it. They always want me to pick a stem for them out the window though and then they squeeze the heads of the grain off like little zits.
There is usually lots of laughing and some fighting during this hour of togetherness but I really think these are the things my kids will remember most as they grow up.

No comments:
Post a Comment