Saturday, July 20, 2013

Sleeping Out

Our A/C quit working at the perfect time... just when the 90's decided to come along.  Weston also left town that week and so here we were.  I really didn't think it would be a big deal, I mean not all that many people around here have air conditioning anyway.  It was a big deal.  I think I sweated ten gallons in two weeks.  I just couldn't get cooled down.  I think this internal heater that is called a fetus was overbaking me.  If I tried to blow my hair dry, my makeup would sweat off.  I resorted to taking the kids on a four wheeler ride every morning after my shower to try and dry my hair.  It worked pretty nice really.

The biggest problem was that we couldn't cool down at night.  You see when we built this house I had really one thing in mind, ease of cleaning.  Every decision I made was based mainly on the question, "how hard is that going to be to keep clean?"  One thing that I hate cleaning but that drives me nuts when dirty is windows.  When we decided to put A/C in the house I immediately made the decision to make my windows single, solid panes.  If a window opens you have to clean the tracks and the screens, such a pain.  Therefore the only windows in the house that open are the ones that had to for code.  One window in each bedroom and the kitchen.  I have never regretted that decision until now.  We had no cross breeze at all, we baked in an oven of sweltering heat all night. 

The kids and I resorted to the trampoline on the deck.  (A small trampoline might I add.)  Big mistake! With the perfect temperature for sleeping, I was miserable! Packed in the middle of these three dragon breathed bull dozers! I finally took Hagen into his bed about three and then put myself in my own bed.  Me and my large belly were no match for that small trampoline.  I did however win the award of "coolest mom" in my kids eyes.  They loved every second of it and have begged to sleep out there every night since.
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: