I love summer nights with the perfect warm air and the kids all tired and dirty from playing hard all day. I love the sweet smell of grass in my window as the sound of the sprinklers lulls me to sleep. The only thing better than summer nights is early summer mornings. The first rays of light and sounds of birds chirping fill my ears by 5:30 every morning. My body begs me to sleep a little longer but my mind craves the refreshment of early summer morning air. I try to be outside by 6:30 for a little exercise and to enjoy the peaceful tranquility of this perfect time of day. The temperature is just right and I spend an hour or so enjoying the sunshine and setting in my mind the goals I have for that day.
Meanwhile......
This is happening! This is the kids T.V. time. They know they only have an hour or so while I exercise and then it is down to business for the day. It is funny to me that as tired as Cole might be from a late night, he is always up early to catch some cartoons. Kallie will sleep in a bit but she is usually right there to get in her fair share of lazy time.

They are so predictable. Cole will always be in my bed with the iPad and Kallie out on the couch where Tagg joins her when Chelsey gets here to exercise.
Meanwhile......
This is happening! This is the kids T.V. time. They know they only have an hour or so while I exercise and then it is down to business for the day. It is funny to me that as tired as Cole might be from a late night, he is always up early to catch some cartoons. Kallie will sleep in a bit but she is usually right there to get in her fair share of lazy time.
They are so predictable. Cole will always be in my bed with the iPad and Kallie out on the couch where Tagg joins her when Chelsey gets here to exercise.
Hagen has finally (2 1/2 years later) learned how to sleep through the night. We aren't rejoicing quite yet because it doesn't happen every night just a couple times a week, but we will take it! Two and a half years of my REM being interupted multiple times a night has taken its toll. Now we have got to get him moved upstairs and out of the crib before the baby comes.. Hmm... wonder how that will go?
Anyway if he stays up late enough at night and doesn't nap he will sleep through the night. He does sleep in until about 9:00 every day though the lazy little man!

1 comment:
They seem to be at their cutest when they are asleep. Love the arm around Baffy! Don't bash the 9 o'clock sleeping. I miss the days Paige would do that!
Post a Comment