Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Softball


Our baseball season has come to a close which means all the dollars won't be disappearing out of my wallet to buy snocones for the boys.  It also means that Kallie can go back to having nothing in her schedule just how she likes it! This girl is an interesting one that is for sure.  We haven't found her "love" yet.  She doesn't really like to be bothered with a schedule or places to be.  She enjoys just doing her own thing. 

This was Kallie's third year playing baseball but her first year playing kid pitch softball.  I have a rule in our home that the kids have to play a sport or dance or whatever it is for a few years until they are good enough to know whether they like it or not.  Kallie is not much of a sports girl (which maybe kills me a little) but she sure does have fun with her friends.  Every ball game came with tears on the way because she didn't want to go, the ride home was always full of excited chatter though.  She enjoyed softball once she got there, it was just getting there that she hated. 

Being one of the youngest on the team, Kallie struggled a bit.  That girl can hit every ball I pitch to her at home, but she continuously struck out during the games.  I was frustrated, she was frustrated, yet that girl continued to smile.  (Let me insert now that I had a competative edge that I don't see in Kallie at all.  I was a bat throwing, cry baby when I struck out as a kid) I am certainly glad Kallie is a good sport!
 
 

Kallie's team had a lot of fun and did pretty good considering that their team was really young.  During the last inning of the last game, Kallie finally got a hit! She was running as fast as her little legs could run to first base, unfortunately the shortstop could actually throw the ball and more unfortunate was that the first baseman actually caught the ball.  Both things that don't happen real often in this league.  Even though this isn't her love, Kallie had enough fun that she will be back next year.  She told me that she wants to be the pitcher and is going to practice in the basement all winter, I hope she does!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: