Saturday, June 22, 2013

Father's Day


I have been blessed with some truly great men in my life.  They are the best of the best when it comes to the "dad department". 

First of all is Weston, he is such a great dad to my kids.  They adore him, and have a level of respect for him that I only wish they had for me.  Weston can get them to do anything with the point of a finger or the twitch of an eye.  Okay maybe they are just a little scared of him, but I see nothing wrong with that.  They know he loves them, and they have great fun together but they also know what he expects of them and they know he has a deep testimony of Jesus Christ.  He does a great job with these kids.
 
 

See that eyebrow raise? That is my warning to get the camera out of his face! He doesn't even have to use words!

Next is my dad! This guy is the greatest! He is so easy to be around, the kids all love him and we never doubt that he loves us.  I love when he randomly calls for a 30 second hello, or when he tells me I am pretty out of the blue.  I have always been certain that I am his favorite, but I know my sisters think the same. A quality that I am envious of for sure! My dad always has the best advice and I can count on him to support me in anything. 
(Actually I just remembered some really bad advice he gave me and must insert it here for posterity sake.)
When I was in High School there was a girl on my basketball team that was beyond obnoxious.  She was younger than me but so dang mean! She found great pleasure in spitting on me while running down the court.  Yes you read that right, spitting!  The advice my dad gave me on how to deal with this problem was as follows: "Oh no big deal all you need to do is grab her by both ears and jam her nose into your knee as hard as you can, I really don't think she will spit on you again!"

If you know my dad, you really can't help but love him! All of my people skills come from him, good and bad!

Lastly but certainly not least is my father in law.  This is a great, wise man I tell you.  I have felt a special connection to him since Weston and I started dating.  I may be completely naive to how he really feels about me, but I feel that he has always been respectful of me and the decisions I have made in the past while everyone else was severly critical and judgemental. Even if I am fooled as to how he really feels about me, he has always made me feel loved and important.  I know he loves his kids and grandkids deeply and I know that he would go to then ends of the earth for each of them.  I am so grateful for the relationship that Weston has with him.  His advice is gold to Wes and there isn't a day go by that they don't converse with each other. 

Father's Day is one of my favorite days.  We bounced from one family to the next and enjoyed our day together.  I sure love these men and am grateful for the example that they are to me and my kids.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: