Field Day at Parker-Egin is always an interesting day. There are wild crazy kids everywhere, lots of moms helping toting babies, and many frazzled teachers. This year Field Day was "Track Meet" style. I was in charge of the 400 meter run and therefore didn't get to see my kids do any other events but I loved the one I was at. Kallie's class was first and there were some good little runners in her class. She wasn't overly excited about the race, but finished in the middle of the pack. Then it rained, well really it poured!
We all ran inside to take cover for awhile until it cleared up, that didn't take long. I used the opportunity to snap a few pix of the kids with their friends, they were all soaked!
Soon the rain quit and we drug our soggy selves back out to finish our events. Cole's class was up on the 400 meter run, and I have to admit I was nervous for him. With him being the youngest in his class, by a long way, I am always worried that he is going to be behind the other kids. So far he has done great academically but I haven't really seen how he does physically. I was thrilled and a little surprised to see him come in second in the race and pretty close behind first!
He ran hard and was out of breath when he crossed the finish line.
The picture below is Cole and Bryce, waiting for the other kids to finish the race.
After a couple more events it decided to rain some more, so back in we went. We gathered us up some Dilly Bars and went out to eat our ice cream in the cold. The kids didn't mind though!
I am very grateful for the teachers and parents at our little school who work so hard to make things fun for these kids!

No comments:
Post a Comment