We had so much fun when we went four wheeling to PackSaddle Lake that we decided to do a repeat for Labor Day. It was even better the second time too! It had rained over the weekend so the dust wasn't near as plentiful as it had previously been. We took some great company along with us too! The Jensen's came with their kids and Uncle Brett always makes sure everyone has a good time. He was the driver of the kids in the Ranger which I am sad to say I didn't get a picture of. He hit every mud puddle there was and had those kids bouncing all over the place. He is a great guy! Some other friends, the Larson's, also came and it was way fun to get to know them a bit better. They love to have a good time so they helped to keep things lively!
Cousin Libbie adores Hagen. I mean seriously this girl cannot get enough of him and he is actually starting to like her a little too. Kallie has some major jealousy issues there that I think are pretty funny. She is sure that Libbie only likes to come to our house or see us because Hagen is there.
I have to say, this may be my new favorite afternoon activity. It is a pretty short ride and it is honestly beautiful. There is one spot where the view of the Tetons cannot be matched anywhere. (I swear I will get a picture of that next time!)
Funny story; My mom used to always point out the Tetons to us and comment on how beautiful they were. I remember looking at them but I think it took me growing up a bit to really LOOK at them. I remember a couple years ago I was driving down the road when I first really LOOKED at those majestic mountains, I got right on the phone to my mom to ask her if she had ever realized how amazing the Tetons were. She laughed at me, and then told me that she had tried to get me to notice that for years.
Honestly that moment was the very first time I felt a slight twinge of being old(er)! I was finally mature enough to look beyond myself a bit and notice the God given beauty around me. It made me realize that we can tell our kids things until we are blue in the face and we can try to protect them from making all the dumb mistakes we made as kids but until they really SEE for themselves they won't understand.
No comments:
Post a Comment