My Number 1 had the opportunity to tag along with the scouts in our ward on their high adventure. I have to say I was a little nervous that their adventure was a little too adventurous. They went up to Grand Targhee ski resort, rode the chair lift up and mountain biked down for a day. I have skiied Targhee and, honestly I can't imagine riding a bike down that hill. They were all geared up with helmets and such though and assured me that they would be fine. Weston ended up having a blast and loved spending time with those boys!
Now if that's not a view that will take your breath away then there isn't one. We are pretty lucky people to have a perfect view of those majestic Tetons in our backyards.
Even though they were few in numbers, they seemed to have fun. Taylor Frisby, Mark Steiner, Mason Howard, Weston and Thad Stevens are the only ones that went. Weston loves these boys and is so good with them, he texts and calls them quite often just to say hi and joke around. I stole these pictures off Weston's phone and this was back in the middle of July but I liked their snow picture. That snow is probably gone now but it is crazy to think that there is only a month or so of the year when all the snow in the mountains is gone.
Since Weston is rarely featured on the blog I figured for posterity's sake I would add a little blurb about him and what he is into these days. (He won't be happy with me either!)
Weston bought a go fast road pedal bike a few months back and I have actually been pleasantly surprised with how much he has rode it this summer. He was going two mornings a week for awhile there and really enjoyed that. His work is pretty crazy right now and always, so he has had to go in early and not been able to ride as much lately. Weston has been gone on a few work trips and stays busy with farm work and his church calling when he isn't at the warehouse. Wes has also been invited to go roping a few times with R.J. Thueson, and that is like a dream come true. He really wants to get into roping but honetsly just doesn't have time. Wes is a great dad and really tries to make his time at home meaningful. He is always taking the kids on the four wheeler or out to check a pivot or even saddling the horse for them. Regularly featured or not we love him and he is a crucial member of our family!
1 comment:
Wes got a "go fast road pedal bike"? That sounds like Had gave it the name. HAHA That's sweet. Dude, you have been a mad blogger lately! I'm lovin all your new posts. And i can't believe you guys are sending Cole to kindergarten this year. Jeter isn't gonna be happy about that. :) No for reals, thats good and I'm sure he'll be fine. He's gonna love it. I think Jeter would be fine too if we sent him, but we're not going to. HAHA Oh well. And yes, we definitely need to get together when we come. Had's family is trying to plan out every minute of our time there, seriously. So we'll have to figure out something. We'll be there from the 24th till the 30th.
Post a Comment