Weston's baby brother Braxton left for his LDS mission to Las Vegas on the 18th of July. We are all so excited for him, but sad to see him go at the same time. He is a great kid and a wonderful example to our kids, they will miss him a lot. The whole family, minus Hagen who is too rowdy, went with Braxton to get set apart. It was a great experience, and I know that he is going to be a great missionary.
All the families wanted pictures with Braxton so we had a little family photo op. This is the Rodericks;
Braxton with all his nephews,
and then the nieces except Peytan who was at a volleyball camp;
Then the Jensens
Coy and his family
and us. I feel like I have been pretty close with Braxton; he has spent a lot of time at our house and we have had many late night talks with that boy. We love him a lot, and I'm not sure who will run to my rescue now that both he and Regg are gone.
Weston is a little overprotective of Braxton as we all are. The poor kid has five mothers! When Weston was twelve he was the baby of the family and spoiled rotten;) Then Braxton surprised the family, and Weston was no longer the baby. It is a pretty unique situation but one that is so perfect for our family!
Grandma and Grandpa truly are empty nesters now, except the 5-6 days a week that they have grandkids over!!
No comments:
Post a Comment