Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Swim Lessons

After two weeks of driving to Heise for swim lessons every day I was pretty glad to be done, but the kids loved it and did so great.  This was Hagen's first year in lessons and it took him the first week to warm up to the teacher enough to get in there but by the end he did everything she told him to and had a lot of fun. 

 Kallie and Cole continue to improve and gain confidence which is all I ask.  I told them at the first of their lessons that I would pay them $10 if they would jump off the diving board with no life jacket and swim to the side on their own by then end of their lessons.  Those two swim better than they realize and rely on their life jackets way too much!  The first day Cole took the plunge and was pleased as could be that he did it.  Kallie put it off until the last day but decided it was an easy money maker and was successful as well.  



Hayes of course was a perfect gem for two weeks and observed from the stroller much of the time.  We stayed after to swim three or four times and the kids took friends.  In a crazy busy summer where we feel like there just isn't enough time for fun, swimming lessons forces us to just play and enjoy life.  




No comments: