My brother got married on July 11. My kids were so excited! Especially Kallie, she was excited to spend the day with cousins, wear a pretty new dress, have her choice of hairdo (For sure not my favorite and I tried my darndest to talk her out of it), and most of all to watch Regg and Lindsay come out of temple as a newly married couple. I loved that she got to experience that.
The ceremony was at 2 p.m. It was so HOT! I took the kids to Mindy's during the sealing and then picked them up before Regg and Lindsay came out of the temple. There was zero shade at that time of day and we seriously just melted in the heat. I was sweating so bad holding Hayes and he was crying and all the kids were miserable. Hair was rapidly losing curl and makeup was dripping off my face.
All the other kids had waited at the temple with a babysitter the whole time so their were extra hot and extra tired and extra hungry. So when Hagen showed up with pockets freshly loaded with treats from the Jensen's all the other kids wanted to be his best friend. Raegan especially wouldn't leave his side.
Once the new couple finally came out it was a mad dash to get some pictures before the wedding dinner started. The kids of course cooperated rather poorly and the poor photographer was a little overwhelmed by all of us. I mean really, thirteen kids under the age of 11 is a little much for anyone!
We went to the wedding dinner and that was so nice and a much needed relief from the heat! The reception afterward was held at the college gardens and it was still really really hot! Hayes fussed and fussed and once I stripped him to a diaper he was able to fall asleep in the stroller. He stayed in there all night because it was too hot for either of us if I held him!
By the time we got to the reception there were already people showing up so there weren't many chances for pictures but we did manage a few. I was happy to get one of Weston and I. We really don't have enough of the two of us.
Im really not sure if I am actually that much shorter than both of them or if I was on a lower step...
Hagen lasted about ten minutes at the reception until Uncle Brett showed up to save him. Those two are quite the pair and spent the evening together eating at kiwi loco and doing who knows what else. My kids are so lucky in the aunt and uncle department! Seriously, Mindy was out of town and Brett still insisted on taking Cole and Hagen with him. He is such a good guy!
Weston put on his best picture face for a shot with his big little sister.
This was our lousy attempt at a family photo op!
Hayes sat in this spot nearly the whole night, except when he got out to say hi to his future wife and impress her with his monster cheesecake eating skills. This guy has a stomach of steel I tell ya!
These four were the gift haulers. They were filthy and had some nasty matted sweaty hair by the time the night was over, but boy did they have a great time!
I forced Kallie to get a picture with me, she wasn't thrilled, Uncle Trent obliged nicely though. Maybe I haven't mentioned but I have some pretty great aunts and uncles myself; namely this guy!
All in all it was a great day, but we were all very jealous of this little guy snoozing away while we were cleaning things up with our swollen blistered feet!
No comments:
Post a Comment