I can't for the life of me figure out how seven years have flown by so quickly. Cole is so big now and looking through his old pictures makes my heart ache. He has been a great kid from day one and has brought so much joy and laughter into our home. I think the seven best words to describe Cole would be; creative, adventurous, brave, kind, entertaining, wild, and ALL boy! The following are each of Cole's seven birthdays except the fifth one, I can't seem to find that picture however it is probably best since that year was an epic cake failure!
I remember this day perfectly. I had Cole around 8:30 in the evening and it was the best of all four of my deliveries. The grandparents were there when he was born and stayed until around 11 pm and then I got that sweet baby boy all to myself for the entire night. I ache to think I will never get a "first night" again with a new baby.
By the time Cole hit a year old, his personality was in full swing. He is honestly exactly the same today. All seven words described him perfectly then and now!
Birthday number two was all about being a cowboy. That was one obsessed little guy!
Birthday number three was a little lame. I was pregnant and not feeling great. Lucky for me Cole was pretty insistent that he had a white, round cake with Toy Story toys on top. Easy Peasy!
Birthday number four was still about being a cowboy. He asked for the same horse cake as he had on the second birthday for a few years in a row.
Birthday number six was a sad one for me. Cole had joined a football team that same day and was headed off to first grade for all day school.
As sad as it makes me that this boy is growing up so fast, my big mama heart bursts with pride for the young man he is becoming. I love him more than words.
No comments:
Post a Comment