This summer was full of exciting events for us and our families. Less than a week after we got Regg's wedding over with, Braxton returned home from his LDS mission to Las Vegas. We were so excited to see him. For weeks leading up to his return Wes would talk about doing this or that "when Braxton got home". He was seriously so excited.
His plane was scheduled to land at 12:15 and Weston and I showed up at the airport with our kids around 11:50. None of the rest of the family was there but two of Braxton's friends were. Grandma and Grandpa showed up less than two minutes before Braxton walked through the gates. The Jensen's made it in just the nick of time also, but by the time the rest of the family was there they had already missed his grand entrance! It was a delightful sight though. That was one happy mama to have her boy back!
We are a rather overwhelming bunch and there were just so many people and I didn't get any good pictures like I was hoping to but that's okay.
After we got done at the airport we headed to Grandma's house for lunch and a fun filled day. She rented a giant water slide and we played hard. Poor Braxton was so overwhelmed and disappeared into his room for a good share of the time. I think he was probably wishing we would all just leave but we were having way too much fun. After a bit Mindy, Coy and I kicked all the little kids off so we could have our fun. (We are the fun adults!) We had a blast and decided that renting that slide was well worth the money and we must do it again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment