When we went to Sun Valley back in June there was an awful lot of crying going on from a certain 3 year old during the drive. He kept telling us that his seat hurt his bum and he hated riding in it. When we got home and analyzed the situation it occurred to us cheap parents that his car seat was totally worn out. There was literally no padding left in that thing and it would've felt like being strapped to a hard plastic bench. No wonder the kid cried.
We (mostly Weston, I'm way cheap) decided that we got nine good years use out of that old carseat and with at least three more years to go we better get a new one. Nevermind the fact that it expired in 2006. So with the help of our best friend, Amazon, we got a lovely new carseat in two days. The kids were thrilled, but not so much about the new seat but about the box. I wish I would've gotten more and better pictures. All three boys spent hours playing with that thing. They stuffed the baby in there, kindly cut him a few windows and then shut the lid. Cleverly thinking they could get a rise out of the little munchkin, but none doing. Hayes loved the game and giggled like crazy the whole time he was in there.
The boys tossed him a few toys and pretended like he was their pet puppy. At one point I caught them giving him a drink of his sippy cup through the window. I love when the kids play like this. They were all included, there was no fighting and my heart was happy as I heard the four of them giggling in the other room. These are the simple things in life, the moments that really matter and I love them!
No comments:
Post a Comment