Saturday, April 13, 2013

Will Pay for Sleep

 . 
Two years of no sleep plus seven ear infections in one year equals WE ARE DESPERATE!! Seriously this boy doesn't sleep at night, I can count on two fingers how many times he has slept through the night since birth and on one hand how many times he has only woke up once per night.  Normally he wakes up no less than four times a night sometimes 7-8. It's bad.  We have tried lots of different things, but the biggest problem is that he has ear infections so bad. I have a hard time letting him just cry it out because the times I have, I have later found out that he has a terrible ear infection.  (Our doctor also told us that letting them cry for a long time can actually give them an ear infection!) Nice so what do you do?  We finally decided that tubes were the answer. 

He was great for the whole hospital experience.  He only cried when they took him through the doors to surgery.  He wasn't thrilled when the nurse put the oxygen detector on his toe though.  We kept telling him that the doctor said to leave it on.  After surgery he was a little groggy.  He kept wiggling his toe and saying "It tickles, but doctor said!" It was pretty funny.  We were in and out in less than two hours and I was hoping to feed the boy some breakfast and take a nap, but after inhaling his food he was wired for a good time.  No sleep needed!

After two weeks of no improvement we went in for a post op checkup only to find that his tubes were already completely plugged! The doctor told us once the tubes were cleared out there was still a small ray of hope that he will be comfortable enough to start sleeping better.  Our fingers are crossed!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: