My kids have started doing things that my siblings and I used to do all the time. Things that made total sense to us at the time but were annoying to my mom. I can completely see why she was annoyed now!

We didn't have water in our fridge growing up but we would always stick our heads under the kitchen faucet to get a drink. It was so smart to me then, in my mind it was one less dirty dish to clean. My mom hated it and my little sister still does it all the time no matter where she is. Cole has decided it is much easier to drink straight from the fridge. I am constantly hounding him not to do this because it get fingerprints on the fridge and he drips water.
We didn't have water in our fridge growing up but we would always stick our heads under the kitchen faucet to get a drink. It was so smart to me then, in my mind it was one less dirty dish to clean. My mom hated it and my little sister still does it all the time no matter where she is. Cole has decided it is much easier to drink straight from the fridge. I am constantly hounding him not to do this because it get fingerprints on the fridge and he drips water.
As kids we rarely had treats in the house (actually that isn't true, the treats were only for my mom and she hid them very well) So let me correct that statement; there were rarely treats in the house that we knew about so we were forced to come up with our own sweets. It was not uncommon for my sister and I to eat a whole can of sweetened condensed milk with spoons when my mom wasn't home. We would also open cake mixes and stir in a little water with the flour or just eat the flour with a spoon. It was goooood! Another favorite was individual portions of what we called "cheerio treats". The only cold cereal we had was corn flakes or cheerios, but we found that with a little creativity and some melted marshmallows cheerio treats were nearly as good as rice krispy treats. My kids have discovered the same idea, we do however usually have rice krispies.
My kids have also discovered the art of avoiding work. I was the master at this! It just so happened that I HAD to use the bathroom after every meal when it was time to do dishes. I would sit in there and enjoy myself until I was sure the work was done. Cole was supposed to be cleaning out the cupboard under the bathroom sink but he and Hagen discovered it was a great fort instead. They just played the whole time they were supposed to be working.

No comments:
Post a Comment