Saturday, April 20, 2013

Spring

We bought a few calves to graze our pasture last year and it worked out really well for us so we did the same this year.  We went to Blackfoot to pick them up and by the time we turned them out to pasture it had turned into an all day job.  It was some good family time though since we were each others only helpers. 



It was a long drive to Blackfoot and back, I had only brought a small baggie of some Easter candy and so to make it last the kids would have to take quizes to earn a treat.  They thought it was pretty fun, especially when all of Hagen's quizes were on colors and he answered "pink" to everything!
 
 

Once we picked the calves up and got back home we had three hungry kids so we ate a quick lunch and then had to brand and vaccinate the calves.  Each of the kids had a job.  Cole had to push the calves up the chute and Kallie had to make sure Hagen didn't get into trouble.  The weather was nice so it was a pretty enjoyable job. 
 
 

Kallie's job was also to be the photographer, she did a great job and I won't mention the 100 pictures she took of herself that I deleted!
 
 

I'm not sure what this shot is of Cole but I thought it was funny, there were a bunch with them pulling funny faces.  Hagen was so happy to be outside and with the "tows".  He loved all of it. 
 
 
 

I love days like this when we are doing what we enjoy together.  I know that my kids will remember helping with the cows and hopefully they will enjoy it too. 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: