Thursday, April 23, 2015

Easter Weekend

Our Easter weekend was so much fun this year.  Grandma Crapo planned her Easter Egg hunt on the Friday before since a bunch of the family was headed to Salt Lake for General Conference.  She planned a fun glow in the dark hunt and had it organized by age groups.  Even the adults got their own hunt this year!! It was pitch black out and we had flashlights and headlamps on but we still found a few eggs.  Hali ended up with all the money eggs dang it! She is always the lucky one! I'm not sure hiking along the ditch bank in the dark and seeing a few rodents was worth the twix bar I got but we sure had fun! 




Hayes opened every egg in the house and being the only baby everyone thought that was adorable and kept handing him more and more eggs to open.  

Easter morning was the most chill that we have ever experienced.  We slept in (until 7:00) and then the kids ate a bunch of candy and we were super lazy, enjoying conference and munching on candy.  I didn't even hardly take any pictures.





After conference we went to my moms for lunch and more egg hunting.  It was pretty cold but we had fun anyway.  Easter candy is by far my favorite.  Mini Reese's peanut butter cups taste so much better when wrapped in a pastel foil, and I won't even mention my love for Cadburry Mini Eggs! I am proud to say I only bought one bag the entire season! 



Aside from all the Easter fun, Conference was wonderful.  I am learning how to be uplifted instead of overwhelmed by the talks and really enjoy it.  A few years ago I hated conference.  I felt like it was just a reminder of all the things I wasn't doing right and all the areas I needed to work on.  While I still get those overwhelming feelings of self doubt, I have seen improvements in myself through baby steps, and improvement is all I can ask for!

No comments: