Monday, April 21, 2014

I Might Have a Little Crush

I CAN NOT get enough of my little chunk! Seriously I could brag all day long about what a happy fun baby Hayes is.  Hayes had his six month check up this week and while I can't document his exact numbers due to my paper blowing away in the horrendous wind, I can say he is healthy and growing! Hayes weighed 17 pounds and was in the 33rd percentile for both weight and height. I was pretty surprised that his percentile wasn't higher than that.  This kid is a lug! He was even compared to 40 week gestation babies this time around.   His 75% for head circumference however wasn't too surprising.  There is a Crapo trait for ya!

Hayes has been happy to be lazy but has now figured out how to roll over.  He thinks that is a pretty cool trick but I wasn't too thrilled with it.  It just means that he is growing up.  It also meant that the inevitable happened and I was forced to move him to the crib from the bassinet.  Both Weston and I struggled with this and even contemplated moving the crib into our room.  As much as I wanted to do just that, I refuse to coddle him too much.  I want him to stay my baby forever, but I realize that that isn't possible and I would like to raise a productive human being. Not a mommy coddled reject.  The crib is literally five feet away from my bed in the next room, so he's just fine and still sleeping through the night.  

We also introduced Hayes to the jumper.  He hasn't figured out just how much fun it really is yet, but that is because he is so chill and happy.  He doesn't even know there is such thing as "happier"! I love those fluffy cheeks and dark eyes! This boy is complete joy. 


No comments: