Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Day 2/ Coronado Beach

 
The second day of our trip was on a Sunday.  When we were planning the trip we tried to plan this day to be fun but still attempt to observe the Sabbath.  After a very rough night in our room with Cole being up all night sick, I figured we would forego the plans to go to church.  However Cole bounced out of bed at 7 am and was ready to go.  We used all the city driving skills we could muster and with the help of a great gps app we found ourselves a local ward to attend.  We were quite the sight all trudging in there during the opening song, but we were pleased to find out it was that wards Primary Program! We were all really glad we made it to church, it was a great way to start our day off!


After Church we had some excitement with our junky van which I regret to inform I didn't get a picture of! Peytan may or may not have earned herself a new nickname during the course of the morning also! After some chaos we finally got our hotel room packed up and had some lunch then we were off to the gorgeous Coronado Beach!

 We were still planning to observe the sabbath by not swimming so we didn't even bring suits for the kids.  We figured they could wade in the water a bit and play in the sand.  Play they did! They loved it and had a blast making handprints in the sand, finding shells and sand dollars, and jumping the waves.  It was my kids first time seeing the ocean and they were mesmerized.



 
After an hour or two of playing and splashing it was time to head out and meet up with Weston and Bruce.  I was excited to see Weston and very done being a single parent! I felt like I sent him a million texts and pictures and I felt so bad that he was missing so much.  My kids later told me that the ocean was their favorite part of the trip!
 
By the time we were done at the beach the kids were completely soaked and full of sand.  It was a lovely mess and in order to find their clothes we would've had to unload the whole van! So the boys rode from San Diego to Aneheim in their skivvys! I was dying laughing when I turned around to see these two have a conversation with each other using their belly buttons! Oh my gosh those to are funny!


1 comment:

shannon said...

Oh that undie picture is going to be worth some blackmail one day! Love it!