The Matterhorn was at the top of their list. We rode that ride at least three times. Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Pirates of the Carribean were also big hits. We had so much fun and zipped from one ride to the next. Even with thirty people in our group, we rarely waited in line, it was the perfect day. I followed the wise suggestions of friends and carried a backpack with lots of snacks and drinks and so we never really stopped to eat either, and snacking gave us something to do in line!
One thing that kind of dissappointed me was that with our limited time the kids really didn't get to meet any characters. The rest of the family was staying another day, but we just had the one. Cole was pretty excited when he saw Tigger, he wanted a picture real bad but we would've had to wait in line for at least ten minutes. I love that he was completely content to just photo bomb someone else and get a picture with the back of Tigger. (I know I am a terrible parent!) Then we saw a stuffed Tigger in the window of a little shop, so the boys got a picture with it!
The men saved us this great bench to watch the parade and the kids and I hit the Matterhorn and the Buzz Lightyear ride a couple times in the process. The kids loved the parade and were able to see all the characters that they were hoping to.
They loved spending the day with all their cousins. I am so grateful that they all love each other so much. The big girls were great sports about the little girls hanging on them all day too. This was seriously a dream vacation for us! Personally I was just glad to have my other half with me for this leg of the trip!
We of course had to get a picture in the entry way when we left. We were pretty sad to be getting kicked out of the park early, but we just finished our evening at California Adventure!
We are so grateful for and love these two so much. They planned this fun trip for all of us that we will never forget! Patti was sad that Braxton and Hagen were left out, I assured her that when Braxton got himself a little family we would be glad to come back to Disneyland with them;) Hopefully we can make that happen in ten years!
By the end of the night the kids were soooo tired and honestly so was I, but there was one thing that I really wanted them to see and we hadn't made it to it yet; the Bug's Life Show. It was well worth the wait and the kids were pretty excited with having that be our grand finale! While one day was definately not enough time for us, the kids were thrilled and didn't know what they didn't see. I was also beginning to experience severe anxiety about my baby at home, so we were happy to be headed that way!
No comments:
Post a Comment