Sunday, December 9, 2012

Halloween 2012

 The day after we got home from our big trip was Halloween.  I personally was exhausted from traveling and really needed a day to do some laundry and catch up on things around the house.  However with a house full of small children who were very excited about dressing up, my house remained hurricane-ish for one more day! Kallie, like every other girl her age is way into zebra striped anything, and was beside herself with excitement when I found this costume.  I have to admit it was pretty cute.  And just to clarify, I was always going to be one of those moms who made their kids costumes and was super creative and all that jazz.... well I had to come to the saddening realization that there just isn't a creative bone in my body and alas... I buy their costumes or use hand me downs!
 
Cole happened upon the movie Peter Pan not too long ago and much to his father's dismay insisted that this is what he wanted to be for Halloween! Maybe it is the fact that the costume came with a sword (if you remember the ninja from last year:) Weston was positive that this was a very bad choice and that Cole would live with torture from others for years to come.  Cole was very persistant though and at least the costume did not include tights!!! When the big day arrived though much to Weston's pleasure and Cole's dismay, eveyone thought he was Robin Hood!!

Kallie was apparently not the only girl in her class insistant upon being a zebra!!



After school we made our usual trip to G&G Munns' house and G&G Dayton's.  It is always so fun to see what Granny D will dress up like!
Hagen was a cute little gorilla who wasn't about to let me out of his sight! He was so scared I was going to leave him again, after being gone for so long.  He was not at all happy about going out to my moms house and would have nothing to do with her!  She was so sad, but by the end of the night he had warmed up a bit and was showing us all the new tricks her learned at Grammy's while we were gone!

No comments: