School's out and late nights are in around here. The kids can sense their new found freedom and are so excited about it that they flit from thing to thing not sure what they want to do the most. Every day is spent outside. I had to make a couple rules that include getting showered, dressed, hair done, piano practiced, read a little, and do some jobs before they can head out to play. In our whole week of summer time we have already roasted marshmallows with the neighbors twice. (The kids ask every night!) Hagen and his girlfriend Jalyssa enjoyed a little swing ride during a mallow roast!
Hagen will not be left out and has decided that naps and bedtime are for the birds. Two weeks ago I would rock him for two minutes and he would be sound asleep, now I have to just put him in his bed to cry for a bit because he wont even let me rock him for fear of being left out of the fun!
Cole's life has pretty well stayed the same except now he has friends to play with. He is a funny kid and still pretty goal oriented. (The rest of us are not doing so hot on our goals:) Every day Cole makes a goal for the day. One day his goal was to teach the goat to climb up on this stool. Pretty impressive, right?
After the tragic death of our pony last year we bought the kids a full sized horse. She is ugly as can be ( I think paints are the mutts of the horse world) and she is mare also. My dad won't be impressed!! However, she has been a gem for the kids. They ride her at least three days a week and around and around they go. She keeps her head down and just mopes along. The only problem is we can't come up with a good name for her. Any suggestions?
It is hard to tell in this picture, but I'm pretty sure Cole shouldn't be allowed to shoot this giant slingshot he made! Seriously that kid has some creativity!
Hagen and Bryson Stoddard. Hagen will buddy up to anyone who will take him outside, and the Stoddard kids are at the top of his list. He loves all of them, and they love him it is super cute!
After a year and a half of literally sick to my stomach worry over who will buy the house next door, we are completely ecstatic to have the Forbush family move in. I realize that not everyone gets to pick their neighbors, but our little neighborhood is very unique and let's face it I'm very selfish. With only three houses in the neighborhood, one crazy family could really mess things up. But like I said before, our new neighbors couldn't be more perfect for us and our situation. Cole has a new best friend, Skyler. Skyler is a year older than Cole but they have hit it off and his older brother Bryson is almost 8. These four boys are quite the gang. They are constantly coming up with fun adventures. This is their game of football and they made their own pads! I love it!
1 comment:
How fun!!! Cole is hilarious. I love to hear and see the things he comes up with. Summers here mainly consist of staying inside cuz it's so blasted hot we can't do anything outside but swim. Cole is hilarious. I love to hear and see the things he comes up with. Apparently so does Jete. I was looking at your blog and he came and started looking at it with me. Then he kept saying, Mom, show me more pictures of Cole. So we kept scrolling down and we went back a few months worth of posts. HAHA So guess what? I'm coming home in like a week. I get in on the 26th and fly out the 14th. The first 5 days though I am going to be in Utah for Fuller Fest, but when I get back, lets hang out! Maybe Cole can teach Jete how to use his imagination.
Post a Comment