Sunday, March 20, 2011

Magical


There is no other way to describe the last month than Magical! Our sweet baby is precious and has brought with him a magical spirit to our home. I am overwhelmed with gratitude when I look at my sweet family and realize how blessed we are. We have been flooded with meals, phone calls, gifts and congratulations from friends and family. As I sent my family off to church this morning, I felt a little depressed that I was not going to be able to go and be "refreshed and renewed" for another week. As I cuddled up on the couch with baby H in my arms and "The Sounds of Sunday" in the background, the spirit touched my heart and feelings of love and gratitude flooded my mind. I am so grateful to be a mother and to have healthy, happy kids. Hagen has been a wonderful baby and I think he knows that being number 3 brings the responsibility of having much patience. There have been a few evenings come around that I have felt guilty because he has spent the majority of the day on the couch or in the bouncy chair. However he patiently waits his turn and demands his fair share of time and cuddles throughout the night. I am amazed that my love for my family has the ability to grow each day, just when I feel like I can't love them any more than i already do.....Magic!

4 comments:

Dan & Brooke said...

Gosh Mandi! You sure said it all! It is truly magical how love can grow! Your posting was a very sweet one! Your pictures are so precious! Especially with all the kids! Way to go with the beautiful family!

Nick and Marci Jensen Family said...

congrats!!!! what a cutie he is!!!

Brett and Tiffany said...

Well said! Having a family is a blessing and as a mom your love just continues to grow!

johnandjana said...

Congrats on your new son Hagen. He is really sweet and it is so true about loving them all so much and having such a sweet family. You and Weston should be very proud of your beautiful family.