I have been wanting a change for quite some time now, the change I really wanted was to drop 20 pounds but since my will power is a little lacking I settled for a much easier change. Or is it easier? After a lifetime of long locks I let my hairdressers "assistant", talk me into a major butch. She had recently chopped her hair and was gushing over how much she loved it, how it only took a few minutes to dry and style and how I too would love shorter hair. After an hour, literally, she had me convinced. Now I realize this tacky self portrait does not reveal the true state of this cut, it does give you an idea. I actually really like the front of it, the back however is a whole different story. As far as easy, not so much! I did have it dried within a couple minutes compared to my old 20-25, but the actual straightening and styling is going to take some practice! Weston is out of town and has yet to see me, and I am a little nervous since my brother-in-law told me that I "instantly lost my "hot" factor". (I take it that must mean I used to at least have a hot factor in his book) Compliment? not so much, but I will take it! Kallie also had a "nice" comment for me saying "it's a good thing your hair grows fast"! Oh well, it is just hair right? Nine inches will only take a year or two to grow back! As for me, one day into it, I think I probably look better with long hair but the change does feel good. Even if it was the easy change!
2 comments:
I like your haircut! It is always nice to have a change. I am sure Weston will like it too! I can't believe your little boy is 1.
I really like it Mandi! I think it looks great and I am not just saying that. I am sure once you get used to it, it will be easy. Change is just hard to get used to. 1 more inch and you coulda donated your locks, crazy to have 9 inches gone. I am sure you have lost some weight in hair right?! And as far as will power, you don't miss a day at the gym and are now running in addition to that for your race....someone is pretty disciplined!
Post a Comment